Immersed in the wonders of nature
Set between the sea, Etna and Taormina, the Castle is an ideal starting point to reach some of the most spectacular island destinations.
The castle is situated by the sea although it is hidden away by a wealth of trees and greenery. The grounds are perfectly situated between the romantic town of Taormina and the fiery volcano Etna, and is surrounded by a flourishing and calm Mediterranean garden. Castello San Marco is conveniently placed to visit some of the most interesting sites in western Sicily, with no less than three natural parks: Mount Etna, the Alcantara river and the Nebrodi natural park. Each offers their own unique and outstanding beauty not easily forgotten by those who visit.
How to reach us
- Motorway A18 CT- ME, Giardini Naxos exit , take the SS114 direction Catania
- Continue for 3 km and cross the bridge over the river Alcantara
- Continue for 1km , at the end of the long climb , turn left on Via San Marco SP127
- Follow the road for 1.3 km, You are arrived , the castle is on the right .
- GPS 37 ° 48’07 .1 ” N 15 ° 14’51 .8″ E
- Vincenzo Bellini Catania International Airport ( Fontanarossa)
- By Bus to Recanati – Giardini Naxos
- At the bus stop call +39 095 64 11 81 to ask for taxi service
- Station of Giardini – Taormina
- Taxi station next to the train
- Station Calatabiano
- Call 095 64 11 81 to ask for taxi service
By private aircraft or helicopter
- Airfield Fiumefreddo www.triavio.eu
- GPS coordinates 37 ° 48 ‘ 0 ” North 15 ° 13′ 41″ West
- Runway length 480 meters
- Fund Grass – Clay
- Orientation track 03d/21
- Radio 130,000
- Contact by Phone +39 380-1340212